Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Saturday 2 June 2012

truth...From Unknown





Recently, a few things have been going on that have made me look deeper at my own personal beliefs.

I am not satisfied with the statusquo, and seek to find the best answer possible to my many questions about religion. And I must accept the truth of what I come to find whether I wish to believe it or not. I cannot reject the truth once found out. I refuse to become ignorant, I am... a truth seeker.

That is why I no longer attend the church that I grew up in, I do not agree with some of their views, and they most certainly do not accept anyone who opposes what they believe, they will find some way of discrediting or arguing their way around your belief. So that is in a nutshell why I have left my home church.

It is not necessarily the fact that we have opposing views that makes me mad, it is the fact that its' their way or the highway, and they are the only ones that are right. God ultimately will decide who was right, and who was wrong, but to create rifts over our beliefs is just silly, and taking away from what God created us to do.

We were put on this earth to bring glory to God, and to worship Him, not create strife and dissension in our midst, not that I am one to speak, because the Lord knows I have many shortcomings of my own, but I pray that I would seek to teach and encourage others rather than bash their beliefs against my own, and be accepting of others no matter what their beliefs, or lifestyles, in regard to my own.

We are all human, and we all sin, but it makes me the most upset when I see Christians holding a legalistic and holier than thou religion, as if they were the ultimate authority on such things. I just don't know how they justify some of their actions against Scripture.

But I must continually work on my own thoughts and behaviours and strive to build character within my own life, as I cannot change others, but I can change myself, and I can choose to believe the truth that I discover no matter what the cost... I am a truth seeker.



No comments:

Post a Comment