Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Monday 13 August 2012

Dumpings

One of the things I remember my grandmother teaching me was how to make dumpings for stews. It was one of the comfort foods that always made me feel better.

I shared a lot of time with her because we came here but I do not remember many things. I remember she called me toots a lot. My mother had her come here while my brother was born and I have more memories during that time. In the end she was bit a trouble maker and nuts. Who knew? I guess it was not a far cry afterall she was my mother's mother.

I try to only think of the better days with her and hold onto that.

Milky

http://www.robertsplace.ca/recipes/dumplings.htm

Lovely fluffy soft dumplings are for adding to beef stews, as shown. You can add finely chopped parsley to the dry ingredients before mixing for a different style.

Dumplings for Stews Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1½ cups all purpose flour (210gm)
  • 3/4 tsp salt (4ml)
  • 2 tsp baking powder (10ml)
  • 1/4 cup margarine or butter (63gm)
  • 3/4 cup milk (180ml)
  • METHOD:
    Combine flour, seasonings and baking powder in mixing bowl.
    Cut in the margarine or butter and then mix in the milk to make a soft dough.
    Separate into 5 - 6 pieces and place carefully into stew, or desired recipe.
    Continue to simmer the stew, covered for at least 25 minutes until dumplings have risen and are firm.
    Dumplings can be made toasty by placing pot containing stew and dumplings (ovenproof!) under broiler to finish.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment