Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Saturday 21 April 2012

I cannot remember

It was summer break and I was about nine or ten. I was left home alone a lot. I remember leaving the mess as it was in the living room wanting to go outside to play with my friends. I just thought, "I will clean up later, I have time!" So, I left with Tammy. 


We had a great morning and part of the afternoon was good, too. When I returned home, I went to open the door and that was when I realized - I had no key! I panicked! I try to reach the lock with my hand by going through the mail door slot. My arm went through and I was able to almost reach it but just missed! I was pushing my arm so hard and I was buried in grief that I did not realize how bad I hurt my arm.


My arm had cuts and was bleeding. It was swollen and I could not get it out. The building next to ours was a doctor's office.  One of the office workers could see what was going on so she and a doctor came to help me. At this point I was so scared to get into trouble I started to cry. I did not want to get caught - but not because I locked myself out or because of the mess from the morning, no! It was because outside people were involved now and that - THAT ALONE! was a NO NO!


They lathered oil on my arm and got it out. I was cleaned up and they took great care of me until she came home. 


The odd thing about this story is that I remember all of it - up until this point. So, it could not have been a very good ending.


Milky

No comments:

Post a Comment