Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Holiday 3

I did not sleep well or even enough. I was very upset that my sister cancelled on me. Of course I had to get up to start cooking.

I did all the prep work, had everything ready. I cooked everything at my house to take to my in laws. Once I got everything ready and started cooking their food I had to start dressing the turkey I got for dinner with my sister.

That bird was a killer! I could not get the neck out, so he helped but it was wedged inside so tightly. Our hands and fingers were frozen. I took my hand out washed them and it was then that we noticed the blood.

I kept saying where is the blood coming from. He said from your finger. Sure enough my finger was bleeding. He wrapped it up tightly but it was bleeding through. We wrapped it more and I put a glove on. He helped me to finish the rest.

Leave it to me to get hurt.

One turkey
One pork roast
Green beans with butter and garlic
Carrots
Corn
Stuffing
20 lbs of mashed potatoes
Two gravies
Broth with egg noodles
Cupcakes

All of this cooked and ready to go. He packed up the car and it got ready. We finished off the cooking at their house so that I could start my turkey.

Omg! It was so much cooking going on. I still cannot believe that he helped me. I asked repeatedly to rewrap my finger and he would take me to the hospital to get stitches but I just wanted to get the dinner done and over with.

We had dinner and to my surprise it did not suck, or at least they did not say it sucked. Some had a lot to me. My mother in law and father in law love it. My brother in laws said thank you, again a surprise. All of these surprises confused me. But the fact that I got through it was great.

At that point my sister messages me, she wanted to come over for our dinner. He took me home and picked her up. Our dinner was at 9:30pm. Dinner at my in laws was at 5pm. He and I did not eat much there because we were having dinner here later.

The killer bird was finally dead, stuffing, roasted and eaten! It actullay turned out perfect. Except for the part that I cut my fingerprint pad off on finger! That was done on the bone of the bird and not a knife. Who knew?

My sister opened her gifts and we had a few laughs. He took her home and Christmas was over. No mess to clean up, because I cleaned as I went. Which was a good thing because I was so tired.

I hope everyone had a beautiful wonderful Christmas with their love ones.

Milky

Ps. The writer to the comment of merry Christmas, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment