Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Phoenix - his story

It was a nice sunny day when we went to the Humane Society that day. We walked through the kennel where all the dogs were. He was interested in a white dog and I was interested in any because we had heard that these dogs were going to be put down, which made me sick.


I was reading the history of this one dog and the place was loud with howling and barking dogs. Out of no where I felt a tap at my ankle and when I turned around there he was. This caramel tan, with white tipped paws looking up at me. His face was the cutest I had ever seen and he was the only dog not barking.


We asked to visit with but the manager said he was not sure we could handle him. He had been trained as a fighter dog and was badly beaten. He was thrown out of the car when he had come to the Humane Society.


But we asked to try. We were taken to a room and the manager and the dog came in. The dog came right up to me and was so friendly. I asked him to sit, he did. I asked him to shake paw, he did. I asked him to lay down, he did. He was walking around us and smelling us. He never barked or jumped us.


The manager left us alone with him for a bit. When he came back he said that the dog was ours if we wanted him. I said YES! That was 6 years ago. Phoenix is my dog and he is kind and sweet to me but he also loves his buddy.


He would sleep in the bedroom with me all the time and at times he would jump on the bed and get under the covers. He was so funny but now he is getting old so climbing up stairs and jumping up high is to difficult for him. He is growing grey hair under his chin but there are moments that he is just a puppy wanting to be playful.






He is a heavy dog and very protective of his home and his family so he will be somewhat mean to others and bark. But he is a loving dog. HE LOVES PEANUTBUTTER! But he also loves any treat. 


He likes to go out for his walks and he is a very good boy when he does! He HATE TO TAKE A BATH! So, that is a challenge. He has jumped on me a few time, cut off the air I need to breathe but all in all, he is my puppy! I love him.


Milky 

No comments:

Post a Comment