Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Friday 2 March 2012

wEeKeNd GeTaWaY - 1

I do get a chance to get a way, often. I have many great stories about some of my travels that I have been lucky enough to take with some really great people.


This weekend was not planned at all but is turning out to be very interesting. I like the outdoors, camping and cottages but fishing? Yikes! Really not my thing but what the heck! I am going with it. WAIT! I have no intent to bait my hook.


So, I have to say that the smell of worms and fish is a real turn off but I am enjoying the fun stuff of laughter and a good friend. That is hard to come by these days. 


To start - need to catch some fish.
Next - cook the fish.







Ingredients

Blackened Fish

  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 2 tablespoons paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 4 firm-fleshed fish, fillets, such as, swordfish, red snapper, monkfish, catfish, whitefish, or grouper
  • 1/4 cup clarified unsalted butter
  • lemon, wedges

Directions

Blackened Fish

  1. In shallow dish or bowl, combine thyme, oregano, paprika, chilli powder, salt, hot pepper flakes and pepper.
  2. Heat large cast-iron skillet over high heat until pan begins to turn white, about 5 minutes. Brush both sides of fillets with butter. Dip each into herb mixture; drizzle fillet with some of the butter.
  3. Place fillets in hot skillet; cook, turning once and drizzling with 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) more butter, for 6 to 10 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested, reducing heat if herb mixture begins to burn. Serve with lemon.
Last just enjoy dinner, more laughs and great conversations. Get some sleep because fishing starts all over again, tomorrow. 5am??? WHAOOOOOT! To be continued....
Milky

No comments:

Post a Comment