Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Saturday 17 March 2012

Vintage Birdcages







So, I have a thing for Old Vintage Birdcages! BUT I hate BIRDS! Not to kid you at all, but right now there is a "peeping tombird" that sits outside my bedroom window and starts singing all merry at 4am and he is singing now, at 8pm. This damn peeping tombird will not shut UP! All I want to do is get a bb gun and shoot it, actually any bird, really. GESHHH! It had to be my bedroom, just because I am not sleeping of course.




Anyway, back to the birdcages I like the look of them. I see them as the unique works of art. Birdcages are essentially just the skeletons of miniature buildings so it is not exactly a big leap from interior designer. All the parts are simple and often delicate and almost always beautiful. I guess in a way they are dollhouse-like and appeal to the little girl in me.


Each birdcage is unique and is a piece of art so really you do not have to have a bird to enjoy the beauty of a birdcage. Some will use these birdcages for candles or flowers. Some just have them in their home on display because they tell a story and open up a conversation. The point is just because you do not like one thing (for me the stupid peeping tombirds or the flying geese) you can still enjoy the art of a birdcage.


Milky

No comments:

Post a Comment