Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Tuesday 14 February 2012

A DAY OF POEMS





If You Should Go...


LOVE, leave me like the light,
THE gently passing day;
WE would not know, but for the night,
WHEN it has slipped away.


GO quietly; a dream,
WHEN done, should leave no trace
THAT it has lived, except a gleam
ACROSS the dreamer's face.
                                            -Countee Cullen






Night Song At Amalfi


I asked the heaven of stars
What I should give my love
It answered me with silence
Silence above.


I asked the darkened sea
Down where the fishermen go
It answered me with silence
Silence below.


Oh, I could give him weeping
Or I could give him song
But how can I give silence
My whole life long?
                                                  -Sara Teasdale


The Tears


The tears still start to well up in my eyes
The tears still fall when I realize
The tears still begin to spill down my face
The tears from my heart lost without a trace
The tears will not stop coming from within
The tears still come that I have tried to hide
The tears still flow whenever I think of you
The tears still know that I am missing you
The tears still start remember them all
The tears will not stop 
The tears still fall
                                                  -me years ago


There is little difference between what one calls a long life and a short one. After-all, it is but a moment in the indefinity of time.
                                                                           -Chuang-Tse









No comments:

Post a Comment