Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Monday 6 February 2012

Support Let's talk




http://letstalk.bell.ca/

Wheather, it is mental health issues or just depression it is important not to bottle the things that eat away at you. On February 8th email someone, anyone and tell them something about yourself that no one knows. It could be small or something big. It might be something that hurt you or it could be something that made you laugh and you are just thinking about it now.

Something I never told anyone;

I was close to two girls in school, Michelle and Robin. The three of us were always together and we trusted each other. One of us befriended a new girl Nicola. Nicola was in a gang and was a very jealous person.

She told lies about myself and Robin to Michelle about her boyfriend. Michelle wanting to more involved with the "gang type crowd" fell for it.

Robin and I were leaving school and took the bus together. We parted at the subway station. I was beaten downstairs of the subway station by a dozen guys and Robin was beaten down the street from her home, also by a bunch of guys. We both had a lot to recover from and we both left school for the rest of the year. 

After that, it was hard for me to trust and make friends. At the time I thought I would never be able to get past it because it was paralyzing. New fears were added on top of old ones. I had no one to turn to and I focused on bottling up my emotions and healing from the bruises.

Years later Robin told me that Nicola died in a gang fight and Michelle went to prison. It did not make either of us feel better, how could it? Someone we cared about (even through she made all these mistakes,) destroyed her life over a gang.

I did meet new friends, friends that became family and I am grateful that I have friends that I can trust with my life. I know at times I am so closed off but I do know that I am loved by them.

Thank you for your friendship, love and support. You all know who you are.

 Milky

No comments:

Post a Comment