Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Monday 13 February 2012

Pool Party take ONE!


POOL PARTY!


My grandfather went away for the weekend. I was always allowed to have people over but everyone had to be gone by 7 pm. But on this weekend things got a bit out of hand. OKAY! Who am I kidding every time I had a pool party things ALWAYS got out of hand!


The kids on Hay Avenue and of a few other streets close by were always over. We were all really close and always hanging out together. We even had a our own telephone booth down the street and would call it to see who was out and wanted to come over.


Friday night everyone came over. All we did were back flips, turns, cannon balls, hammers and whatever else we could get away with. There was always a lot snacks and food to eat, too. We were not into drugs, smoking or alcohol so we were pretty good kids.


The next morning I woke to do my routine laps and when I went to the back, the pool was close to empty!!! I was in shock and did not know what the heck to do. So, I put the hose in the pool, turned it on and went for a run. I ran into friends and starting playing basketball. About 5-6 hours later I was walking home and the street was filled with all kinds of water and when I got closer to home, my yard was drench with water! OH HELL! The HOSE!


I was panicked because the pool was over flowing and the entire yard front and back was water logged. So, I called everyone to come over to get the water out of the pool to a normal leave.


As funny as it would be to say that we used buckets to get the water out - NO WAY! We did cannon balls OF COURSE! Many dives, hammers, goofing off, throwing each in and it was great! The deal was that I would make some food. (HEY! At that point I learned a few things about food! OKAY! So, I burned a few things here and there! They did not care - it was FOOD - they were GUYS! Need I say more?)


The pool was back to normal but the yards, SUCKS! Sunday morning I woke up hoping and praying that the yard was okay but of course it was still water logged and all I could think was “you are in BIG HUGE trouble, missy! My grandfather was going to kill me. And I would be okay with that part, it was the thought that he would not let me swim for the rest of the summer that was stressing me out.


The skies were still filled with clouds and the sun was not soaking up the water fast enough. GRRRRRRR! What was I going to do. I spent the day inside cleaning the house and making things look great. The day went by fast and I was waiting for my grandfather to come home and yell at me.


I fell asleep at some point and woke up in the morning smelling cinnamon. I went in the kitchen and “hi kid” my grandfather said to me. Standing there dazed and confused, not being able to say anything. He just looked at me and said “sit, eat before you start your drills” I went out side and everything was normal. My grandfather did not get home until early Monday morning and he had no clue! I think I got my first grey hair that weekend!


Milky

No comments:

Post a Comment