Profound Quotes

You may be deceived if you trust too much but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough - Frank Crane

Sunday 5 February 2012

Little Surprises!

I have a 3 year nephew who if you took a moment to look at the world though his eyes you would be blown away.

Each morning I would start my day with him saying "I want to play a game, Auntie." So, we would play games, just him, myself and his baby sister.

He would tell me stories about the zoo and how he would like to go to Africa. "I want to go to Africa today, please." What a thing for a 2 year old at the time to say. Now, it is about the plane that is taking him, mommy, pappa, Apple to cuba. So CUTE!

This little guy talks about so many places, animals, exploring, creating and discovering. He is opened to learning like a sponge. It is amazing what goes through his mind and just how smart he really is.

I do not think we really understand just how much little ones learn when you share the world with him.

Not only does he want to learn how to read and spell but he loves to learn about cooking, baking, skating, swimming and some much more. He's not afraid to try something new.

Okay, so it is not just him! I know that but I am watching through his eyes. Somehow, I want to learn more too.

I think we forget the things that really interest us and we let go of them. Why? When did we lose track of our time, our dreams, our ideas and put things that are not of any importance, first.

You may have taught a child how to sit up, take their first steps, say their first words and many more firsts. But what shocks me, is that fact they teach us to really see, again. They teach us to laugh, love and be loved unconditionally.

My life is truly blessed for having him and his sister in my life. Thank you Peanut and Apple. I laugh louder, pee a little in my panties and smile more.

I found this on-line about Africa and other places. Beauty is everywhere. We just need to take another look. Check out the photographs...

http://adale.carbonmade.com/projects/3243804#1

Milky

No comments:

Post a Comment